Writing classes start July 5 at Mad Muse Writing Studio.
- (june '11) My story "Experiments with Optical Illusions" was a Semi-Finalist in Nimrod's Katherine Anne Porter Prize for Fiction.
- (june '11) Mad Muse Writing Studio is now in full swing, offering summer classes for teens and adults. Check out our website for details.
- (december '08) Included in Tar River Poetry's 30th Anniversary Issue.
- (october '07) Three new poems ("Talisman," "The Woman with a City Beneath her Skin," and "Cusp") are now up at Flutter Poetry Journal.
- (september '07) My chapbook, Kitchen Witch, is now available from Dancing Girl Press! You can order it by clicking here.
- (september '07) New flash fiction, "The Return of Men," is up at The Flask Review.
- (may '07) "The House at Coast Meridian, 30 Years Later," a new poem, can be found in the Spring/Summer 2007 issue of Poet Lore.
- (spring '07) Three new poems ("Kitchen, Circa 1976," "The Claustrophobe has an Epiphany," and "Perspective") are out in the latest edition of Tar River Poetry.
- (spring '07) New flash, "Cutting Corners," is up at Ghoti.
- (february '07) New poem, "Hyperurbia," wins second place in the Wrong Roof Contest at Mad Hatters' Review.
- (december '06) Dancing Girl Press has accepted my chapbook, Kitchen Witch! It's scheduled for publication in September 2007.
- (december '06) New poem, "Her Wifey Magazines," is up at Salome.
- (december '06) "Death of a Domestic Appliance" reprinted at Blood Orange Review.
- (november '06) New poem, "Pet Funeral," is up at Boxcar Poetry Review.
- (november '06) "Waxing Razal" is up at Storyglossia, and is a 2007 BASS and Pushcart nominee.
- (november '06) "Saints in her Backyard" is up at Salome.
- (october '06) "Selling it to Mrs. Foster" is up at juked.
- (october '06) "Waxing Razal" wins third runner-up in Storyglossia's fiction contest.
- (october '06) "The Abductee's Daughter" is up in the October issue of Lily.
- (august '06) Participated in the Emerging Voices Fiction and Poetry Reading at the Lewis and Clark Library in Helena.
- (december '05) "The Mother's Guide to Flight Patterns" in the winter edition of SmokeLong Quarterly.
- (november '05) Check out the new review of Wicked Alice that's up at New Pages. (I'm mentioned!) It's alphabetical so you'll have to scroll. . .
Participating (God help me) in this year's NaNoWriMo. And because I'm a special kind of crazy, I'm working on two novels simultaneously.
- (october '05) Judged the Adult Poetry category of the Chattanooga Writers Guild contest.
- (summer '05) "My Sister's Tattoos" reprinted in the 2005 Wicked Alice anthology. "And For Her Next Trick" reprinted in Megaera's first anthology, which can be ordered here.
- (june '05) Three new poems ~"Apathy," "To Be Repeated Daily," and "Fortune" ~ in the new issue of edifice WRECKED.
- (may '05) Three new poems ~"Baby Jesus Found Near Last Chance Creek," "Shoulder," and "Notes on Crashing, I-95" ~ in the new issue of Literary Salt.
New prose-poem, Sea-Girls, is up at Avatar Review.
- (april '05) "Waxing Razal" short-listed for the Raymond Carver Short Story Award.
- (march '05) Guest-edited the March issue of Stirring, with poems by Alyson Dayus, Tiffany Midge, Michael Zbigley, Ani Gjika, Les Kay, and Abby Sinnott.
- (january '05) New poem, "The Children at Hauser Lake," up at Circle Magazine.
- (december '04) "Barbie Toes" in Pindeldyboz and three new poems in Wicked Alice.
- (november '04) Pushcart Prize nominations for The Recruitment of Doors, Sleep Hag, and His Family Worked with Horses.
- (october '04) New poems in Half Drunk Muse, including "Our Kitchen of Perpetual Failure," recipient of the Penny Jar Prize.
Short story, "Glass," re-released in Issue No. 5 of Ink Pot.
- (july '04) New flash fiction in edifice WRECKED and a few poems in the July issue of SubtleTea.
- (june '04) Three new poems are in the Summer issue of Tryst and new flash fiction, "The Problem with Logic," is in the latest edition of SmokeLong Quarterly.
Two new poems in the Summer issue of Megaera.
- (april '04) Interview and some new poems are in the spring issue of Rock Salt Plum.
New poems in Verse Libre Quarterly, Lily, and Plum Ruby Review.
- (march '04) Short story, "Random Girl" (originally published in Eclectica) selected as a Notable Online Story of 2003 in storySouth's Million Writers Award.
- (january '04) Short story, "Glass" wins an Honorable Mention in Lit Pot's short story contest.
- (2003) Nominated by flashquake for Pushcart Prize in Poetry for "Chokecherries."
- (2003) Nominated by Slow Trains for Pushcart Prize in Poetry for "In Defense of Chaos Theory."